GPA provides a unique learning environment that reflects a North American style school. All subjects are taught in English using an American based education curriculum.
GPA is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Nevertheless, employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, character, and “fit” with our school.
Ideal candidates need to passionate about education and student development. Candidates must be content certified and willing to network and collaborate with peers, parents, and students. Additionally, ideal candidates possess the following professional qualities:
- Student-centered: Dedication to the intellectual, emotional, social, and ethical wellbeing of GPA students is our first priority. We seek teachers who are able to:
- engage with students collectively and individually,
- with a sensitivity for their feelings, thoughts, and lives outside of school,
- and are committed to teaching in ways that inspire joy in learning and engagement in every student.
- Content certified: The majority of GPA teachers are licensed in their subject area or in the process of getting their Education degree, Master’s Degree, or license.
- Collaborative: Willing to network and collaborate with peers, parents, and students.
- Innovative: Willing to try new educational approaches and modify programs and curriculum appropriately to take full advantage of learning opportunities.
- Globally minded: The majority of our graduates enroll in universities abroad. Therefore, it is our mission to adequately prepare students academically, physically, and socially for the global workplace.
- Technologically competent: Able to integrate technology meaningfully into lessons, projects, and assignments – to not merely use technology “for technology’s sake.”
- Life-long learners: We want students to be life-long learners, and therefore seek teachers who can model such behavior. Opportunities are available for ongoing professional development, but in addition to these, we seek teachers who are motivated self-starters and take personal responsibility for their own professional growth and development.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Positions are open until filled.
Current Job Listings
- Tech Teacher(FT)
We are happy to consider teachers and administrators who are interested and able to contribute to the life of the school. Please send a letter of application, resume, and teaching credentials to:
Grace EH Kim, Chief Administrator
303 Cheonjam-ro, Wansan-gu,